vendredi, septembre 24, 2004

It has occurred to me that in less than a year I will (hopefully) be at some sort of post-secondary institution. I have also realised that I don't really have much money to pay for that sort of an education. So here I am, Friday night, and I have just spent the last hour and a half scouring the net for scholarships that I am eligible for. I also spent the last hour and a half realising that the chance of me getting most of those scholarships are in the neighbourhood of slim to none.

I'm starting to question whether or not the notion of staying in Edmonton for post-secondary is a good idea. I want to be somewhere other than here, living with my parents and stuck in a rut. I'm seriously considering going to university somewhere out east, likely Quebec or Ontario where I could pursue my studies in French. I want to live somewhere else, experience something different, and surround myself with new sites, new people, and new outlooks. I want what's best for me, and I think that going to university down east is what's best for me, even though I'm scared thinking of the prospect of being by myself in an unfamiliar setting.

I'm so confused right now. There are so many things I have to consider before I make such a major choice. I know I have to consider my well-being and my future above all, because ultimately I will have to live with the consequences of my choice. I wish I had some sort of super-computer that could tell me the outcomes of each of the choices....

Why can't I just work this out in my head?! Where is my fairy godmother when I need her?

Aucun commentaire: