dimanche, mars 06, 2005

I just got back tonight from Ottawa; the host city for the 2005 Biennial Liberal Convention. A convention to work on the party policy, constitution, and to propose changes to the current consitution and party policies. To many, I'm sure that this sounds dull, pointless, and maybe even stupid.

To me, this was the first opportunity among many to meet and discuss policy with other liberals, to hear others' opinions and to have mine heard, and to better a political party that I truly believe in.

Naturally though, one of the highlights of my weekend was shaking hands with the Prime Minister, le tres honorable Paul Martin, as well as Anne McClellan, Stephane Dion, and someone else I know that I'm forgetting. This was actually one of the greatest weekends of my life. I come out of that convention a more confident being, with more ambition and ideas than I ever thought would happen.

I want to rectify certain issues within the Party for a better future.

I want to make the Liberal Party of Canada a better party for more canadians...

...one riding association at a time.


But for now, I must face the harsh reality of books, tests, due dates; something that disappeared over the weekend.

Aucun commentaire: