Sparrow
Paul Simon
Who will love a little Sparrow?
Who's traveled far and cries for rest?
"Not I," said the Oak Tree,
"I won't share my branches with
no sparrow's nest,
And my blanket of leaves won't warm
her cold breast."
Who will love a little Sparrow
And who will speak a kindly word?
"Not I," said the Swan,
"The entire idea is utterly absurd,
I'd be laughed at and scorned if the
other Swans heard."
Who will take pity in his heart,
And who will feed a starving sparrow?
"Not I," said the Golden Wheat,
"I would if I could but I cannot I know,
I need all my grain to prosper and grow."
Who will love a little Sparrow?
Will no one write her eulogy?
"I will," said the Earth,
"For all I've created returns unto me,
From dust were ye made and dust ye shall be."
Had to work all weekend;thought that I only had to work Saturday. I guess that since tomorrow is family day, my boss thought that it was alright. Ah well. So apparently I'm allowed to sell tobacco. According to some shmoe from head office, anyone under nineteen can sell it. Well then. I wish that I could refuse to sell it on moral grounds, but like my dad was saying you can't pick and choose. Like he has to protect abortion clinics when they're being threatened, even though he's totally against abortion. Oh well. I actually had a good time working though, cause I was working with Dorothy and she was in a good mood. Brad and Stewart came around and talked to us a bunch, so that made it go by alright...tonight my parents picked me up from work and we went out for supper, just the three of us. It was fun. I don't think that we've ever gone out just the three of us like that. So now I'm stuffed and sleepy, but thought that I might as well post cause I'm gonna be doing homework all day tomorrow. Hmm...what else...Oh, right. My brother invited me to this cartoon thingy that took place yesterday, like a week ago. So I got home and was expecting to go with him, but he was already gone. So i was a little pissed. Apparently it was earlier than he initially thought, but he didn't remember/didn't bother to tell me. So when he got home my dad gave him shit, which I didn't think was deserved, but I would have appreciated an apology from John all the same, but since my dad yelled at him and he thinks that he didn't deserve it, he won't apologise because it's proving my dad right. Confusing, ain't it? I didn't really enjoy valentine's day this year; I'm sure that it's no surprise to anyone. I couldn't stop thinking about David, and I kept trying to stop myself, but it didn't work, so I just occupied myself. It wasn't bad at work, except when Brad was asking me if I got anything for valentines...but then he did offer his services as a henchman(heh heh) cause he figured that even though we've broken up david should get me something anyways. Funny guy. Oh, and another thing that was not good at all. I had to miss my soccer game today because of work. Which sucks ass because we only have two left. This new girl from work got beaten up on her way home last week, and as a result didn't show for her shift. So she's quit. And I'm scared to walk home now. Not cool. Well, I'm tired. Hope that everyone had a great Valentine's day and an even greater weekend! Ciao.
dimanche, février 15, 2004
S'abonner à :
Publier des commentaires (Atom)
Aucun commentaire:
Publier un commentaire