mercredi, février 25, 2004

Somedays

Let It Go
Great Big Sea
(written by Doyle/Sampson/Daly)

Hey man, you don't know what you're missing
You count your curses and forget about the blessings
Don't you think you should learn a little lesson
What are you waiting for?

Hey man, what makes you so special
Can't seem to find the angels for the devils
Don't you think that if you learned to love a little
You'd live a whole lot more

Chorus
Let it Go Let it Go
This is smaller than you know
No bigger than a pebble lying on a gravel road
Let it Go Let it Go
Got to leave it all behind you
Give the sun a chance to find you
Let it Go

Lift you head, there's no time for crying
You made your bed but don't think its fit to lie in
Wasted on the ground when you know you should be flying
What are you waiting for?

Bridge
How can a man not see
It seems so clear to me
You've just got to live and learn
Smile at the simple stuff
This road ain't long enough
To miss a single turn



So today is Ash Wednesday. I have the ashes on my forehead, my stomach is aching with hunger, but I'm not sure what I want to fast from for Lent. I feasted on patience tonight; that's something I guess. I almost lost my temper but I caught it. I'm not sure how right now, but I think that I did the right thing. I'm trying to fast from having a negative attitude, but that's hard when I'm hungry and tired...I think that I'll start that tomorrow. I hate how when I was in the mall this afternoon checking out my hours people were staring at my forehead like I was some kind of freak. Even my coworkers looked at me a little funny. I guess it's because they don't understand the Catholic faith. I am still a bit bothered by it though. Like when I had my head shaved, having all those people stare at me when I was walking around somewhere, even when I was standing ringing in people's purchases. Why do people stare at things like that? Are those things so unusual? Ah well. People are people. Nothing can be done about that.

Shines Right Through Me
Great Big Sea
(written by McCann/Mahoney/Doyle)

These days I feel a change, All the patterns rearranged
Though I can't explain, I know I’m not afraid
Now I realize all good things can be supplied
And they come from you

Chorus
It's all brand new, and it shines right through
Shines Right Through Me
I look at you and you, and it shines right through
Shines Right Through Me

This feeling that I've found, like sleeping on a cloud
Smiling at the sky, Not even knowing why
Strange how things work out, I know without a doubt
That it comes from you

Break me out of emptiness, Lead me to your light
Anything worth having is worth some sacrifice
Laid too long in lonliness, This world was made to change
Half an hour of sunshine is worth a week of rain

Air is flowing free, it's a little easier to breathe
This soul unbound, was lost and found
No reason left to hide, I feel a light inside and it comes from you


I know that this post is really long. I just feel like I have so much to say but I can't get it out in a way that would be...innapropriate? Anyways, it's easier to say it through lyrics. I think it's because it's less personal, but in a way it's more personal than just writing down thoughts and feelings...who knows why. Why can't people just let go of the past? Why is it always so important to return the hate and pain to the person who caused it instead of just letting it go? All it does is cause more hurt and more hate. I am so very confused right now. And tired. I should go to bed. Just one last thing; if anyone has tips on how to get parents to agree to body piercings(namely an eyebrow piercing) could you let me know? I would really appreciate it, cause at this rate I'm not going to be able to get it done till I'm eighteen, and that's almost nine months from now. Have a great looong weekend everyone! Ciao!

Aucun commentaire: