mardi, juin 13, 2006

I am so addicted to buying things on e-bay lately. It's such a sickness. Stupid t on my keyboard doesn't work unless I pummel it. This may be a short post, depending on my level of frustration and the number of t's I need to use...

Good weekend, worked all of it and watched the Oilers win against Carolina, which was good, untill they fell flat on their faces tonight (but the owner wasn't there so we were able to listen to the game for once!). Went to a couple of the Ignatieff events yesterday and managed not to embarrass myself when I thanked him for being at the rally. Sat with a cool guy from McGill University and his dad, as well as an older couple who had driving for two hours to He did an amazing job and people seemed to be really impressed with him, the rally was a success to be sure. Got some coverage of it on the front page of the Journal, but I'm not quite sure about the tone. Sounds pretty neutral, talks a lot about his views on the mission in Afghanistan, but his reasoning is pretty powerful, so maybe it's positive? Who knows. I can never tell.

We also did a fundraiser thing at the Westin, and the president of the U of A was there! I was so flabbergasted! And Ignatieff remembered my name from the rally, which I was happy about. Thought it was so cool. I'm such a political nerd. I love it. Met a bunch of new people and did my networking bit at both events, met the new president of the LPCA (I hate it when I talk to guys and they talk to my chest..it's so obvious that that is what they're looking at, and it's creepy) and talked to the president of the campus club, who apparently wants to get me involved (for no other reason than that Dan Arnold has talked to him about me and they have a lack of members) and apparently he too finds Dan's support of Kennedy to be a bit over the top as far as the "subtle" e-mails and the like. Oh, the awkardness. Apparently he didn't know that I was supporting Ignatieff, so he and George Hodgson have been after me to commit to Kennedy's camp because I was between him and Dion about a month ago. I didn't actually realise that he didn't know until he asked me to come to the Kennedy organisational meeting tomorrow, so I had to be all, uh, well, funny story...

The World Cup soccer stuff has been a-mazing. The first goal that Italy scored against Ghana was fricking amazing. Off of a corner, out to the edge of the eighteen, just a rocket past probably five or six players and into the net. Beee-yootiful.I thought that it was hilarious that the US was beaten by the Czechs. But Poland is going to beat Germany on Wednesday! Mark my words!!! Time for bed; have to be at work tomorrow for a quarter to eight which means a bus at seven. Nighty night.

Aucun commentaire: