Last week was one of the worst weeks of my life; I had to miss a practise because I was still sick, I couldn't sleep because I was so stressed out about a paper, and I ended up not handing in said paper on the due date because I couldn't write it out for some reason. Stayed up until four before it was due and didn't even get halfway, then missed a day of school because I didn't get enough sleep. The worst day was definetly Friday. I had to rethink a lot of things, and I'm still trying to do it now. I feel like such a pathetic loser, too stupid even to get a paper in on time. Am I cut out for university? I think that I'm going to be stuck on that question for awhile. After all those people gave me money for post-secondary, am I going to waste that money and the time of the profs because I'm so useless? I don't even know. I really have to think a lot of things over. Too many distractions. Something has to go, and I know what it is, I just can't stop thinking about it. It has taken over my life, and I hate that it has, but I can't stop. I can't figure out how to just stop, and that makes me feel even more pathetic.
On a higher note, Thanksgiving dinner at my granparents' was really great this year; they waited for me to come from work and then we got started, soo good. I haven't laughed that hard in a really long time, I have to say. A couple of shining beacons from last week: is that I had an AYL (Alberta Young Liberals) meeting on Monday and things are looking really good. The president is a neat guy and he seems to have his shit together. They voted me in as assitant communications chair, which is awesome, and the whole 'Red Book' thing that we're doing is really awesome (just ignore the unintended Chairman Mao reference). Plus my philosophy class is going really well, everyone is really friendly and I've made a few friends in that class. There's this guy that gets to class early like I do and we chat it up, he's really neat, and this girl who is in almost all of my classes, she's so nice. I hope that this week turns out to be better than the last, I have to try to make it better.
Oh yeah, my parents have finally decided to get rid of the boat (our minivan) and buy a car- a 2006 Honda Civic. Hopefully an automatic. Sweet deal, hey? Now I don't have to drive around in that tank. It's such a pretty car; I was trying to get them to buy it in yellow, but alas, silver it shall be. Anyways, have a great Thanksgiving everyone.
dimanche, octobre 09, 2005
S'abonner à :
Publier des commentaires (Atom)
Aucun commentaire:
Publier un commentaire