Hee hee hee; last post I mentioned that my french prof told me that I had done really well on the dictee. Apparently what he really meant what that I did the best in my class and I got a prize: 25$ worth of gift certificates for the Librairie Carrefour Bookstore, which is sweet, cause I was expecting to be presented with a Bescherelle. My mom thought that it was really neat that I won a prize, and I showed up that stupid smug girl in my class. Bwahaha. So evil.
Untill recently, I didn't really realise the panic that kind of encloses the Fac with regards to identity and language. They're really busting their asses to have these conferences with francophone keynotes and trying to interest the student body in these kinds of french activities. It all seems to be fear driven, and it's all somehow understandable from my point of view. They're all about identity and saving their culture. Maybe it's because all I've been reading about lately is Quebec and their identity in the constitution...
So the game plan for this weekend is to bury myself in constitutional affairs, legitimacy and legality of the 1982 repatriation of the constitution. This is fascinating stuff people! (I wish I were kidding- I sound like such a dork) Oh yeah, and that Liberal Party meeting that I went to last night was apparently a delegate selection meeting for the provincial AGM in April, and since I showed up, I ended up being signed up for the weekend. It actually sounds like it's going to be cool; all of the leadership hopefuls have confirmed their attendance except for Ken Dryden, and since it's the during the official launch of the leadership race it's going to be hugely televised and such. Plus the riding association is subsidizing 100$ of the 125$ fee for the youth, so the whole thing will only (theoretically) cost me twenty-five dollars. As one of my friends said, 'it's all grassroots and exciting.' Anyhow, time to get back to Quebec. Oh, que c'est du fun.
vendredi, mars 24, 2006
S'abonner à :
Publier des commentaires (Atom)
2 commentaires:
Lucky girl, you are! I like that bookstore! Oh boy, great memories of Librairie Carrefour! Congrats on the dictee!
Hee hee hee; lucky lucky! Le Carrefour, c'est geniale! Thanks Brian!!
Publier un commentaire