I just don't know. I've been thinking about finding a second job, but I really need to talk to the Boss to find out if I'm allowed to work for a competing drugstore. The key word here is 'thinking' about finding a second job. I've mulled over the possibility of working the night shift at Timmies, because it pays twelve dollars an hour, four more than I make at the post office, and because it would be convenient; last I heard the night shift was 11-7. Then I could sleep all day and then go to the post office at night and then to timmies. I should talk to my mom about this, she has this strange instinct about what is and isn't a good idea. If I can work at Rexall drugs, then I can pretty much working opening to about 4, because I seem to be working a lot of the evening shifts at my current job. But serieux, I'm only working twenty hours next week. Last summer I was working close to full time hours. This is terrible. Part of me wishes that Arlene were still de facto manager, because she had much more of an egalitarian outlook about scheduling people. She worked evenings and some weekend shifts, and everyone took turns with the crappy shifts. With the new manager, she and Arlene are scheduled during the day and the rest of us have to be happy with sharing the evening shifts and the weekend shifts, but I have to miss two shifts a week because of soccer, which isn't bad, but it does make me wish that the week were a few days longer. Speaking of which, we won our first game today (yesterday) 3-1. It was good fun. My toe is still aching from this girl who ground her heel into my foot (in cleats, no less) and it's all purple and funny looking. It'll be a good war wound for awhile. They hired some new people at work, some of them seem pretty promising. Hopefully no one else quits; last person who quit was our cash manager and now they're scrambling around trying to find a remplacement.
Oh! Important stuff; if anyone knows how to make an MSDOS program work on Windows XP, please give me a heads up! I've been trying to get Commander Keen (don't laugh! it's classic!) working for two days now and have had no luck with the tips from the site that i sharewared it from. So yes. Info!
vendredi, mai 05, 2006
S'abonner à :
Publier des commentaires (Atom)
Aucun commentaire:
Publier un commentaire