jeudi, juin 15, 2006

So I'm sitting in the staff room this afternoon on a break when my boss walks in, sits down at the table and asks me how much I make. I tell him, eight dollars an hour. He looks at me very seriously and says that he's giving me an 'agressive raise', because I have such good customer service and I work in two departments now, and I'm a good worker. I was all, sweet! Thanks! He said that he was going to tell me what my new wage was going to be tomorrow, but he stopped by the post office later and told me that I was getting a two dollar raise. Sweetness! So happy! And then the Oilers won! Happiness. (But Polska lost! 1-0! in extra time! against Germany! Incroyable! they're eliminated now...I guess I have to sort through my other ancestries and figure out who i'm cheering for now ;) ) Well, I am fricking exhausted and have to be at work for a quarter to eight (you'd think that they wouldn't schedule me to open after having closed the night before...). Luckily my dad said that I could use his car, so that buys me another fifteen minutes of sleep or so... go Oilers go!

3 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

GO OILERS!
GO NEDERLANDS!
GO ESKIMOS!
GO SHANNON!
Congrats on the raise!
P.S. I like cheering!

Anonyme a dit...

*pokes* You still working at the post office? Because one of these days I should come visit. :D

And congratulations on the raise! *dances 4, umm, more money?*

shanny a dit...

hee hee hee. I saw you and your momma at the post office! All the cool kids work there (well, except me. I just sort of sit around and try to absorb their coolness)

POLSKA!

Thanks peeps!
You guys=awesomely great.