vendredi, janvier 14, 2005

I just had THE WORST shift at work. Worst ever. OK. So the horribleness starts with what happened yesterday. This guy came in to buy cigarettes with a ten dollar bill. So I check it, it's fake. Right. So this guy happens to be at least twice if not thrice my size; about five foot eleven or so and heavy. I was the only one in the store, because my manager was on her break, getting her supper. So I figure since the whole shoplifting policy is to only go after them if there is no danger for yourself, I should take the bill rather than try and call security with him there. I took the bill, made change, and the guy pretty much ran out of the store. Nice. So my boss comes back, I tell her, and then I call security. Routine, right?

Then this afternoon I go in for my shift. I'm in the back, taking off all of my winter stuff when my assistant manager comes in and tells me that my boss wants me to take a look at this paper and sign it. It's an employee misconduct report. Ok. So I figure it must be routine or something, because she didn't seem upset yesterday about how i had handled it. I read what she wrote. Something about me accepting a counterfeit bill knowing that it was fake, and then not telling her untill the customer had left the store. Grr. So I wrote in the comment section that I was the only one on the floor, and in the store at the time and didn't feel that I could safely refuse the bill. We'll see what happens. Oh, but it gets worse. I worked with my assitant manager today (Dorothy) and she was being so bitchy. She's been bitchy towards me ever since I gave them a copy of the smoking bylaw (again) and they had to go smoke outside (again). But tonight she didn't even speak to me unless it was to tell me she was going on her break or to tell me to do something. At the end of my shift, I was getting my stuff out of my locker and she left, went to the back door (the door that we go out of at the end of the night) and stood there, waiting for me. Grrrr. Wouldn't even wait for me to zip up my coat, so I ran to Safeway, one of the only stores still open and got all of my winter stuff on there. So I was super pissed by the end of the night. And she got me in such a bad mood. But i'm feeling better. So I guess this rant actually helped. So yay for letting it all hang out.

Aucun commentaire: