dimanche, janvier 22, 2006

Tomorrow is election day. The day when everyone who is the age of the majority has the privilege (yes, privilege) of going to cast a ballot to decide the fate of the country. I don't care who you vote for, just vote-vote for the responsible government that Lafontaine and Baldwin fought for in 1848, help maintain our country and keep our international status as a peaceful and accepting nation, a safe place to live. A Korean lady told me yesterday, "Isn't this wonderful? Canada is such a wonderful country, a great country." Ok, she was saying this because I was polite to her and answered her questions (I was at work) but it's still true.

So go out and cast a ballot, a public display of affection for your country. Vote.

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit...

I disagree about voting being a privilege. I believe it is an innate right that people can decide who will represent them in the halls of our democratic government. To see it as a privilege is to cast shame on all the people who have died fighting for democracy, and on the people who are dying as we speak in places like China, Eastern Europe and the Middle East. Privileges can be taken away, do you think that women, natives and immigrants should have their votes taken away?

Don't go down this road of privileges, it is dangerous and leads nowhere but autocracy.